Samet Shikharji Dharmayatra
1st - 12th January 2018
Under the auspices of Param Pujya Bhaishree, we will be visiting not only Sametshikarji where 20 of the last 24 Tirthankers attained Nirvana and Moksha, but also many of the important kalyanak locations for Shree Mahavirswami, Shree Munisuvratswami, Shree Vasupujyaswami and Shree Gautamswami.
This Yatra promises to be momentous and comes in the year that we celebrate Param Pujya Bhaishree's 75th Birthday. Journey with us as we follow in the footsteps of so many enlightened souls, step by step climbing in devotion to our mountainous peak, a pinnacle of our striving where we will behold the vision of vitragta.
Scroll down to see:
- Start and Finish Timings
- Registration (closes on 31st July 2017)
- International Registrations
- Travelling by Train (Bhaishree travelling by train)
- Travelling by Flight
- Points to note
- Detailed Itinerary
Start and Finish Times:
(The full itinerary is shared below):
- Mon 1st January 2018 : Depart Mumbai (Kurla) by train at 23:35pm
- Thurs 12th January 2017 : (travel to Parasnath station on 10th evening) Return from Parasnath Station by train at 02:58am (11th Jan) reaching Mumbai on 12th Jan at 11:25am.
Flight start and finish times are different - see below for details.
Joining directly from abroad
- Arrival: You will need to make your own way to join the main group which arrives by train at Patna (Patliputra Junction Station) at 04:00am on 3rd Jan 2018.
- Departure: You will need to make your own way from Shikharji. Main group will be leaving at 02:58am by train on 12th Jan.
If you are joining from abroad you can also plan to join us in Mumbai for the local flights to Patna and return from Ranchi. See details below. Be clear when registering whether you want us to do your internal flight bookings with the main group.
The cost of the trip is Rs 11,000/- + exact cost of travel from Mumbai
- This is a subsidised cost, a number of families are sponsoring the trip. Actual cost is Rs 17,500/-, you are welcome to pay the full amount if you wish plus the cost of travel.
- The fare above is for travel in AC sleeper berth.
- Approx cost by air from Mumbai to Patna and Ranchi to Mumbai is Rs 13,000/- per head for the first 50 passengers. After this the air fare will change depending on the airline rate. If there are differences in cost the you will be informed of these. Seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Full payment will be required on registration
- No refunds will be made on cancellation. The amount will be utilised for good causes during the Dharmayatra
Cost for Internationals:
To register please contact your centre head. Registration closes on 31st July 2017. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. A limit of 300 pilgrims can be accommodated. Full payment must be made on registering to your centre head.
** For International Registrations - for those living outside of India - please scroll down and see the information at the bottom of this email. You can register online and make payments as per the details shown below.
Details required for Registration:
- Name (as per ID)*
- Age (as of 1st Jan 2018)
- Mobile number
- Mode of travel: train or flight (Param Pujya Bhaishree is travelling by train)
- Travelling from and to (Boarding from and returning to which city)
- Full payment required on registration
* ID must be carried during the yatra otherwise train/flight travel may be refused. The ID (Adhar, PAN, Driving License or Passport) must match the name that you submit during registration.
If you live outside of India you can register online by clicking on the button below:
Registraion closes on 31st July 2017.
Please email your centre heads once payment has been made:
UK, Kenya, International: Contact Jaysukhbhai Mehta: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: Contact Dr. Maheshbhai Shah: email@example.com
UAE: Contact Shilpaben Jasani: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may choose to make the payment directly in India - please liase with your centre head.
- If there are changes in exchange rates or fees then we will inform you of any adjustments.
- Please note: no refunds will be made on cancellation. The amount will be utilised for good causes during the Dharmayatra
Travelling by Train
Param Pujya Bhaishree is going to travel by train. The journey is long and several points need consideration:
- Travel will be by reserved air conditioned sleeper seats.
- All mumukshus will travel from Mumbai
- It will be cold during January. Mumukshus will need to dress warmly to prevent illness during the travel.
- Secure your items and be vigilent about strangers on trains. Theft is common. Plan to keep your valuables in a secure, locked manner. Travel with minimum valuable items.
- Meals on the trains will be provided
- ID must be carried (Pan, Adhar, Driving License or Passport) otherwise train travel will be refused as per their rules.
- Mon 1st January 2018 : Depart Mumbai (Kurla Terminus) at 23:35pm on the 12141 Mumbai LTT - Patliputra SF Express Train arriving in Patna Patliputra on 3rd Jan at 04:00am
- Thurs 11th January 2018 : (Travel to Parasnath on 10th evening) Return from Parasnath Station on the 12321 Howrah - Mumbai CST Mail train at 02:58am (11th Jan) reaching Mumbai on 12th Jan at 11:25am.
Travelling by Flight
Param Pujya Bhaishree is going to travel by train so the dates for flight departure and arrival will be different.
- If you choose to travel by flight from Mumbai then please inform us at registration as we will be organising flight bookings as a group.
- Transport will be organised from Patna airport for the group arriving from Mumbai. If you are connecting directly from an international flight from Delhi or elsewhere then let us know of your flight timings. We will inform you of where to meet the main group.
- Transport to Ranchi airport on the final day (11th Jan) will be organised for those flying to Mumbai. If you are flying elsewhere please let us know of your flight timings. You will need to organise your own transport to airports according to your flight times.
- ID must be carried (Pan, Adhar, Driving License or Passport) otherwise travel will be refused as per airline rules.
- Wed 3rd January 2018 : Mumbai to Patna (early morning flight - exact details will be known closer to the time depending on seat availability). Transport from Patna to Rajgruhi (3 hrs) on arrival.
- Thurs 11th January 2018 : Transport to Ranchi airport from Shikharji (3.5 hrs). Various flights in late afternoon - details will be known closer to the time depending on seat availability.
Points to Note
- Travel during the Jatra will be by 35 seater luxury coaches (non a/c)
- The weather will be cold and wintery in January. Warm hats and clothes will be essential.
- Accomodation will be allocated with 4 people in a room as per the rules of the Dharamshalas. Room conditions and availability of hot water cannot be guaranteed.
- Meals will all be Jain. Please inform us of any additional dietary restrictions when you register. Where possible these will be taken into consideration but they cannot be guaranteed and travellers are advised to make their own provisions of additional food items to serve their needs. Provision for simple vegan food will be made by the caterers and vegan hot drinks such as chai will also be available where possible.
- No refunds will be given on cancellation. The amount will be utilised for good causes during the Dharmayatra.
(*Note this is a tentative itinerary and subject to change according to Bhaishree's wishes).
If you have any further queries or questions you can contact
Miteshbhai Boradia: email@example.com
Dr Jitubhai Nagda: firstname.lastname@example.org
Raj Saubhag Dharmayatra Team