Travelling by taxi to Sayla
A taxi can be obtained from any of the Airports and Train Stations, but may be unsuitable or unwilling to travel long distances.
Local Taxis contacts:
- Bharatbhai is based in Ahmedabad and has a variety of vehicles to suit different needs small to large 7 seaters. He is famliliar with the Sayla Ashram. Contact Mobile: +91 9879165829
- Jitubhai Mori is based in Sayla and well acquainted with the Ashram. He has a large Tavera and smaller cars available. Contact Mobile: +91 9825257013
- Naval Sinh runs a reliable taxi service based in Sayla and is well acquainted with the Ashram. Mobile: +91 9825252135, Home: +91 2755280407. He has a variety of vehicles to suit different needs from 7 seater Toyota Innova to smaller 4 seater cars.
Advice when taking taxis:
- Ensure you book beforehand, confirm the day and time and give your contact details.
- Check and agree the price before you book and travel (approx Rs 2,400/3,000 for a single journey to Ahmedabad Airport depending on the size of taxi booked and whether you need air conditioning, check the toll charges are included).
- Ask for the driver's name and the taxi license plate for safety reasons.
- Ask for the driver to stand at the arrivals exit with a name board to greet you. (they may charge you extra for the airport car parking fee upto Rs 100)
- Re-confirm the taxi booking the day before you travel
- NOTE THESE TAXI SERVICES ARE RUN PRIVATELY AND NOT BY RAJ SAUBHAG ASHRAM. Therefore the Ashram cannot take responsibility for these services.
- If you use the taxi services for longer journeys check and be clear about all extra charges - price per km, fuel, tolls, over night stays, driver meals etc