Samet Shikharji Dharmayatra
1st - 12th January 2018
Under the auspices of Param Pujya Bhaishree, we will be visiting not only Sametshikarji where 20 of the last 24 Tirthankers attained Nirvana and Moksha, but also many of the important kalyanak locations for Shree Mahavirswami, Shree Munisuvratswami, Shree Vasupujyaswami and Shree Gautamswami.
This Yatra promises to be momentous and comes in the year that we celebrate Param Pujya Bhaishree's 75th Birthday. Journey with us as we follow in the footsteps of so many enlightened souls, step by step climbing in devotion to our mountainous peak, a pinnacle of our striving where we will behold the vision of vitragta.
Scroll down to see:
- Points to note
- Detailed Itinerary
Registrations now closed.
Travelling by Train
Param Pujya Bhaishree is going to travel by train. The journey is long and several points need consideration:
- Travel will be by reserved air conditioned sleeper seats.
- All mumukshus will travel from Mumbai
- It will be cold during January. Mumukshus will need to dress warmly to prevent illness during the travel.
- Secure your items and be vigilent about strangers on trains. Theft is common. Plan to keep your valuables in a secure, locked manner. Travel with minimum valuable items.
- Meals on the trains will be provided
- ID must be carried (Pan, Adhar, Driving License or Passport) otherwise train travel will be refused as per their rules.
Travelling by Flight
Param Pujya Bhaishree is going to travel by train so the dates for flight departure and arrival will be different.
- Transport will be organised from Patna airport for the group arriving from Mumbai. If you are connecting directly from an international flight from Delhi or elsewhere then let us know of your flight timings. We will inform you of where to meet the main group.
- Domestic flight luggage allowance: Strictly 7kg hand-luggage, 15kg check-in luggage.
- Transport to Ranchi airport on the final day (10th Jan) will be organised for those flying to Mumbai. If you are flying elsewhere please let us know of your flight timings. You will need to organise your own transport to airports according to your flight times.
- ID must be carried (Pan, Adhar, Driving License or Passport) otherwise travel will be refused as per airline rules.
Points to Note
- Travel during the Jatra will be by 35 seater luxury coaches (non a/c)
- The weather will be cold and wintery in January. Warm hats and clothes will be essential.
- Please also bring your personal medications, torch, chain for baggage security for train travellers only.
- For the Siddha Chakra Pujan, NEW PUJA CLOTHES will be required.
- Please do not wear or bring any jewellery on the Jatra.
- Accomodation will be allocated with 4 people in a room as per the rules of the Dharamshalas. Room conditions and availability of hot water cannot be guaranteed.
- Meals will all be Jain. Please inform us of any additional dietary restrictions when you register. Where possible these will be taken into consideration but they cannot be guaranteed and travellers are advised to make their own provisions of additional food items to serve their needs. Provision for simple vegan food will be made by the caterers and vegan hot drinks such as chai will also be available where possible.
- No refunds will be given on cancellation. The amount will be utilised for good causes during the Dharmayatra.
(*Note this is a tentative itinerary and subject to change according to Bhaishree's wishes).
If you have any further queries or questions you can contact
Miteshbhai Boradia: email@example.com
Dr Jitubhai Nagda: firstname.lastname@example.org
Raj Saubhag Dharmayatra Team